Baptist is helping you better manage your password by offering a new self-service tool. Until now, if you had a password problem (locked out, expired), you may have relied on the Help Desk to reset it. By enrolling, you won’t have to do that anymore.
And best yet, enroll by Sept. 15 to be eligible to win an iPad!
Why is Baptist implementing the new tool?
- Although our friendly Help Desk doesn’t mind calls, you may end up standing in line behind the 800+ password request calls they process every month. Daunting, right? By automating this routine task, Baptist gains even more efficiency. And, you gain full control.
- When enrolling in password self-service, you will have to enter a “strong” password that has the following characteristics
- At least eight characters
- A combination of uppercase letters; lowercase letters; numbers; and special characters, like @,#,$ and %.
If your current password doesn’t meet these requirements, you can change it before enrolling in password self-service. Here’s how.
- Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete at the same time.
- Choose the “Change a password” option.
- Enter your old password, then your new password, then confirm your new password.
- Click on the blue arrow button next to the “Confirm password” box.
If you don’t enroll in password self-service, you can’t manage your password! Here’s where you can get started.