School will be back in session before you know it. Are you ready? Whether you are or not, here are six tips that will help prepare you and your kids for another school year.
- Set expectations and discuss academic goals for the year with your children. Prioritize them and set benchmarks to ensure these are met during the year.
- One week before the first day of school, get the kids back in a routine with their bedtimes, waking up early, etc. This includes planning morning and homework routines.
- Establish a clean area with no distractions for homework and studying.
- Teach kids about proper hand washing techniques. Remind and encourage them to wash their hands properly at home and at school.
- Give your kids a small bottle of hand sanitizer and remind them to use it.
- Develop a schedule for homework and play time. Ensure that there are “homework breaks” to rest and refocus.